Green Lake Work Party
Brothers, the time for Green Lake is fast approaching. I pray that you have been distributing this information to all of your contacts, friends and associates. I plan to be there Sunday, Sep 28 and leave Saturday, Oct 4. As Brad suggests below, you can spend two weeks or two days or whatever the Holy Spirit and your schedule excites you to do. This has been a really great experience for all who have participated and I know this year there will again be great fun, food and fellowship along with enjoying one of God’s most beautiful places to be. Spread the word, call, register and get your room. I hope to see you there. May God grant you a safe and enjoyable journey.
Our American Baptist men’s work weeks are quickly approaching. If you have already registered to be with us, thank you very much. If you have not, and can join us to help out, we would love to see you here for one or both or a partial time of either week. This year we will be working the week of Sept 22nd and the 29th. We have many projects to handle this year, aside from our normal work on Roger Williams Inn.
The list pf projects is:
- RWI work involved paneling removal and the hanging of drywall. Also painting in the stairwells.
- C. Oscar Johnson building needs a new shingled roof. This would be a tear off of the old and installation of a new shingled roof.
- Replacement of some of our older split rail fences around the grounds with new “ranch style fencing
- Applying elastomeric roof coating to the roof of our public laundry and housekeeping facilities.
- Sanding and painting of metal railings in the conference center areas.
Renovation of basement at Peniston Wilson cottage, adding two bedrooms, a common room and a bathroom. Insulation, drywall, carpentry, electrical and plumbing work.
- Continued removal of pine trees that died after a fire in the spring of 2013.
- Install fence in the volunteer camp area near the Public Laundry.
- Assistance for the greenhouse crew with fall cleanup work.
As you can see, the list is long and all the capable hands we can get will be a great help. Again, your lodging and meals are complimentary for your work. You can register by calling 920-294-3323.
If you have any specific questions, feel free to call me. I’ll be out of the office the week of Sept 8th, but if you leave a message, I will call you back as soon as I can.
VP – Operations
Green Lake Conference Center/ABA, Inc.
920-294-7384 – Office
920-229-6135 – Cell